These delicious, healthy vegan recipes are made for spring! Featuring nutritious fruits and vegetables that are in season, these recipes are perfect for these warm months.
This light, but filling lemon artichoke "pasta" recipe features not one, but two seasonal veggies for spring- artichokes and zucchinis! Artichokes are a delicious source of fiber, protein and nutrients. Zucchinis, also a great source of fiber, are high in anti-oxidants and may improve your heart health. This dish is a win-win! We suggest pairing our vegan lemon, artichoke pasta with a sweet, organic cold-pressed Pineapple Punch for a balanced meal.
2 large organic zucchinis, spiralized
3 organic garlic cloves, minced
3/4 lb fresh, organic artichoke hearts (can be frozen as well)
1 tablespoon organic capers
Organic lemon, juiced
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
1. In a medium saucepan, heat garlic over medium heat until fragrant (about 30 seconds - 1 minute).
2. Add in the organic artichoke hearts. Heat until browned, stirring occasionally with the garlic.
3. Mix in the capers, and season with salt and pepper to taste. You may want to add red pepper flakes, if you like a bit of spice!
4. In the same saucepan, add in the spiralized zucchini noodles. Mix thoroughly and until noodles are warm. Serve with a sweet, organic cold-pressed Pineapple Punch!
We're jumping for joy this April! Not only because it's spring, but a whole new batch of delicious fruits and vegetables are in season. Swiss chard, the yummy leafy green, is packed with fiber, antioxidants and vitamin K. This easy and quick recipe for swiss chard chips will help you add the veggie into your daily routine this season. Enjoy your swiss chard chips with a tangy, organic and cold-pressed Fresh Start by Living Juice for a well-balanced and healthy snack!
2 cups of organic Swiss Chard
1-2 Tspns organic olive oil
Sea salt for seasoning
Seasoning of your choice (like chili powder or oregano)
1. Clean and remove stems for Swiss chards.
2. Cut into 2-3 inch pieces and toss in a bowl with olive oil.
3. Spread the Swiss chard in the air fryer basket, trying to keep "chips" separate. Fry at 370° for 10 - 15 minutes, checking and shaking the air fryer basket every 5 minutes.
4. Enjoy with your chips with an organic, cold-pressed Fresh Start by Living Juice!
Spring is finally here! At O2 Living, we're enjoying the season with fresh and delicious in season fruits and veggies. This recipe features spring and summer seasonal zucchini. Zucchinis also offer a host of health benefits such as hydration, improved digestion, lower blood sugar and more! We love to pair this delicious grilled vegetable with Living Juice's organic, cold-pressed Fresh Start!
4 organic zucchinis
Organic extra virgin olive oil
Organic garlic powder
Vegan Italian dressing (for dipping)
Sea salt for taste
1. Slice organic zucchinis in 1/4-1/2 inch diagonal slices.
2. Heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat and brush with olive oil.
3. Brush zucchini slices with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and sea salt.
4. Grill zucchini for a total of 4 minutes, flipping after two!
5. Serve with Italian dressing for dipping!
What better way to celebrate warm weather than with crisp and refreshing vegan sushi! This cool treat features cucumbers, which come in to season late spring, but stay in season all summer. Cucumbers are a great source of hydration, antioxidants, nutrients, and may even help aid in weight loss or weight management! We pair this veggie forward snack or meal with our fruit-packed, organic, cold-pressed Red Radiance.
Packed organic kale, chopped
2 organic medium cucumbers, sliced into thin spears
1 organic avocado, sliced into spears
4 nori sheets
Soy sauce (we prefer low sodium)
1. Lay out the sheets of nori on bamboo sushi rolling mat, or on a cutting board. Either will work, but the bamboo rolling mat helps to keep everything packed together. The sheet should be laid out wider than it is tall.
2. About an inch from the side of the nori sheet closest to you, begin to place the chopped kale, cucumber spears and avocado in a 2-inch thick strip.
3. Tightly begin to roll the sushi. A bamboo rolling mat comes in helpful in this step.
4. With the sushi rolled, wet a sharp knife and begin to slice cut into sushi pieces. Wet the knife between each cut for easier slicing.
5. Serve and enjoy with soy sauce and/or sriracha! We recommend pairing with our fruity organic, cold-pressed Red Radiance.
With the growing popularity of CBD, there's a flood of products on the market. From topical lotions to oils, vapes and edibles, it can be hard to tell what is best and safe for you. Each method of taking CBD (or hemp extract) has its pros and cons. Read more for how you can take hemp extract and what you should be looking for to ensure safety in your CBD products.
When it comes to feeling whole, there’s nothing that quite compares to a holiday filled with friends and family that focuses on food. However, we believe that practicing “thanksgiving” is something that you should do year-round. Giving thanks on the regular goes far beyond developing better manners—it can have a profound impact on your social, emotional and even physical health.