You can find quality CBD products like our Full Spectrum CBD Vegan Gummies or our popular Intensive Relief Rub on the o2livinghemp website, but did you know that you can cook with CBD as well? That’s right– anybody can hop in the kitchen and infuse their favorite dishes to reap the benefits of CBD.=
Frances Largeman-Rith, a bestselling author and nutritionist, has written extensively about cooking with CBD. Here are some of her tips.
CBD Products for Cooking
You can use generic CBD oil or powder for cooking as long as you keep heat to a minimum. If using a product not specifically manufactured for cooking, heat can denature the compound and render its benefits ineffective. You can still use generic CBD oil or powder in things like smoothies, dressings, sauces, or no-bake desserts.
Most CBD products have dosage printed right on the label. For cooking, make sure you take into account the number of people you’ll be serving. Simply multiply the recommended dosage on the label of your CBD product by the number of guests that will soon be enjoying your meal and add it in.
Because taste is now an important factor, you’ll want quality CBD ingredients. Hemp is a bioaccumulator– this means the plant has the ability to draw up nutrients and toxins alike from the soil. Heavy metals and pesticides can be found in non-organic hemp products, so make sure that you’re purchasing quality CBD: o2 LivingHemp sources all of its products from high-quality, organically grown hemp.
This easy CBD energy bite recipe from Frances Largeman-Rith is perfect for easing into the art of cooking with CBD:
Makes 10 balls.
- 1/2 cup basic gluten-free granola.
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips.
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter or sunflower butter, at room temperature.
- 3 tablespoons honey.
- 100 milligrams CBD (the actual amount of oil or powder will vary based on the product you use).
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1/3 cup chia or sesame seeds.
- Combine the granola and chocolate chips in a medium mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, stir the almond or sunflower butter together with the honey, CBD and cinnamon until thoroughly blended. Cover and chill for 10 minutes.
- Place the chia or sesame seeds in a small bowl. Remove mixture from fridge. Use a tablespoon to scoop out the mixture, then form it into balls and roll them in the chia or sesame seeds. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.